- recognise you whenever you visit this website (this speeds up your access to the website as you do not have to log in each time);
- obtain information about your preferences, online movements and use of the internet;
- carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content and to help us better understand our visitor requirements and interests; and
- make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
Third Party cookies
We work with third party suppliers who may also set cookies on our website, for example Google Analytics and Barclays ePDQ. These third party suppliers are responsible for the cookies they set on our site. If you want further information please go to the website for the relevant third party. You will find additional information in the table below.
Description of cookies
The table below provides more information about the cookies we use and why:
|Purpose for the cookie|
|Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies. A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed. If you create an account and log in, this website will use session cookies for the duration of the time you are logged in to your account. We may also on occasions use persistent cookies to enhance your user experience. If you are making a payment via our secure payment gateway, then please see out payment partner Barclays ePDQ cookies policy for more information https://barclays.co.uk/important-information/cookies-policy/|
How to turn off cookies
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this website. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to the Information Commissioner’s webpage on cookies: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/
These websites, www.urbaser.co.uk, www.gardenrecyclingscheme.co.uk and
www.ubbgloucestershire.co.uk are operated by Urbaser Limited (Registered office: First Floor, Westmoreland House, 80-86 Bath Road, Cheltenham GL53 7JT– Company number: 03588422 – VAT No: 753 858 196) under the domain name www.urbaser.co.uk and are part of the Urbaser Group (referred to as “we”, “us”, “our”), which also includes the operating entities which are listed at
- the personal information we collect about you
- what we do with your information, and
- who your information might be shared with.
By visiting our websites you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Who we are
Urbaser Ltd is a ‘data controller’ for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (as relevant). This means that we are responsible for, and control the processing of, your personal information.
What information we collect
Personal information provided by you
We collect personal information about you, such as your name, user name, password, address, phone number, e-mail address, financial and credit card information, personal message, when you register with us or purchase products or services from us. We also collect personal information when
you contact us, send us feedback, post material to our site, complete customer surveys or participate in competitions or fill in forms on our site.
Personal information provided by third parties
Occasionally we may receive information about you from other sources (such as credit reference agencies), which we will add to the information we already hold about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, identifiers associated with your device, website visited last, email communications, discussions or messages submitted location information based on your settings.
How will we use the information about you?
We collect information about you so that we can:
- identify you and manage any accounts you hold with us;
- process your order;
- detect and prevent fraud;
- customise our websites and their content to your particular preferences;
- carry out security vetting; and
- improve our services
Who your information might be shared with
We may disclose your personal data to:
- other companies within our group;
- law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and user name that are unique to you;
- we store your personal data on secure servers;
- payment details are encrypted using SSL technology (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar, or both, in your browser when we use this technology;
- at the written direction of the customer, delete personal data unless required by Applicable Law to store the personal data.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us (see ‘How can you contact us?’ below).
What rights do you have?
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please contact us. We may make a small charge for this service.
We want to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. If any of the information that you have provided to us changes, for example if you change your email address, name or payment details, or if you wish to cancel your registration, please let us know the correct details by contacting us. You may ask us, or we may ask you, to correct information you or we think is inaccurate, and you may also ask us to remove information which is inaccurate
How to contact us
If you wish to contact us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, write to us at Urbaser Limited – First Floor, Westmoreland House, 80-86 Bath Road, Cheltenham GL53 7JT or call us on 01242 248880